PEF has granted $3.2 million to our schools for 2020-2021
This year has been difficult, but we stand strong. Because of this community’s generosity, PEF was able to announce that the grant to PUSD was over $3 million — an unprecedented success.
The Grants Committee worked hard all year to ensure that the funds will be distributed equitably across schools with a focus on teacher retention. PEF also dug deep into our reserves and granted an additional $360,000 to PUSD to help our schools towards reopening with safe, healthy environments for our students and staff.
PEF funds make a difference in every classroom
PEF grants will directly fund essential academic programs throughout the Piedmont schools this year, representing 10% of the District’s budget. PEF supports both ongoing core programs and underwrites new and innovative programs throughout the schools. Without that support, librarians, counselors, teachers’ aides, technology, art, music, professional development, innovation and strategic planning could not be so robustly sustained.
Investing in our schools helps keep Piedmont strong
- The District ranks #1 in Northern California (and #2 in all of California) in the percentage of students who either met or exceeded the California English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics standardized tests.
- 95% of PUSD graduates pursue a college education.
- Piedmont Unified now offers extended-day kindergarten at all three elementary schools.
- PUSD was the first district in the state to implement K-12 Computer Science standards. There are over 330 students enrolled in Computer Science courses. Currently, 44% of those students are female, which is more than double the national average.
- Honored by the Center for Digital Education for successfully using digital content and curriculum to improve instruction and student engagement.
- Repeatedly ranked one of the top districts in California by online data aggregators Niche.com (Best American School Districts, Elementary, Middle, High) and Nerdwallet.com (California K-12 for “excellence and scope”).